Amulya D. Amirneni, M.D.
Amulya D. Amirneni, M.D., is fellowship trained in the fields of allergy and immunology. With extensive experience in both disciplines, Dr. Amirneni has developed a particular passion for diagnosing and treating allergic rhinitis, urticaria (hives), food allergies, asthma and angioedema.
Dr. Amirneni cares for adult and pediatric patients with various concerns ranging from eczema to drug allergies and immunodeficiencies.
Dr. Amirneni joined the practice in 2021 at the onset of our Allergy Department.
Education and Training
- Fellowship in Allergy and Immunology at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)
- Chief Residency in Internal Medicine in University of Massachusetts/Baystate Medical Center (Springfield, MA)
- Residency in Internal Medicine in University of Massachusetts/Baystate Medical Center (Springfield, MA)
- Medical School: NRI Academy of Sciences, India
Awards and Achievements
- Workshop Presentation, "Mischief Rounds! A Chief Resident Led Initiative to Engage Residents on Rounds Using Social Media", 2019 (Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM) – Academic Internal Medicine Week 2019 (National Academic IM Conference))
- Oral presentation of Research at ACAAI "Use of Spirometry For Diagnosis And Management of Asthma In A Community Health Center", 2018
- Award of Excellence in Research in Internal Medicine Residency- Research Track, Baystate Medical Center, UMMS (2018)
- Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Society of Geriatrics- Geriatrics Track, Baystate Medical Center, UMMS (2018)
- Presidential Poster Presentation, First author American Geriatric Society, 5/2017, San Antonio, TX (2017)
- Residency Poster Presentation "A Lysosome’s Unusual Home- A Case Report"- Winner (ACP Regional-- Massachusetts/Mass. Medical Society, 2016)
- Amirneni A, Tversky J. High Histamine Control Concentration Leads to False Negative Allergy Skin Testing. American Journal of Rhinology & Allergy. April 2021.
- A. Amirneni, R. Saini, J. Tversky- "The Case of the Swollen Face: An Unknown Variant of Angioedema in SLE", Johns Hopkins Medical Center, Baltimore, MD. AAAAI (2020)
- "Acrodermatitis continua"- Published in 5- minute clinical consult.
- Amirneni A, Aulakh. (2019, 2020). Acrodermatitis Continua. In Domino FJ (Ed.), The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2019, Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer.
- "Acrodermatitis continua"- Published in www.5minuteConsult.com Amirneni A, Aulakh. (2019, 2020). Acrodermatitis Continua. In Domino FJ (Ed.), www.5MinuteConsult.com, Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer.
- A. Amirneni, K. Gardner, Y. Khan- "PTEN-LOF and PI3K GOF- Between A Rock And A Hard Place", Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN . ACAAI (2018)
- A. Amirneni, J. Bayuk, Destination: EOSINOPHIL"- Treatment of Lymphocytic Variant of Hypereosinophilic Syndrome with Mepolizumab. WAO/AAAAI Joint Conference (2018)
- Amirneni A, Gordner C. When the Head Aches for a Diagnosis: An Unusual Presentation of Lymphocytic Hypophysitis. Journal of the Endocrine Society (2017)
Professional Affiliations (current and past)
- American Academy of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology (AAAAI)
- American College of Allergy and Immunology (ACAAI)
- American College of Physicians (Internal Medicine)
Dr. Amirneni is originally from India but spent most of her upbringing in Northern Virginia. She and her husband now reside in Lewes, DE. In her spare time, Dr. Amirneni enjoys spending time with her family and friends, watching movies, traveling, and exploring local cuisines.