Justin L Elder D.O.
Justin L Elder D.O. is board certified in the field of Otolaryngology/ Facial Plastic Surgery. With extensive training and expertise in both fields, Dr. Elder is able to provide an unparalleled level of care to his patients. A caring, honest approach, and meticulous attention to detail are used to achieve the highest level of patient satisfaction.
In addition to treating adult and pediatric patients with a variety of ears, nose, throat, head and neck disorders, Dr. Elder is a board certified specialist in facial plastic surgery. Areas of special interest are: Rhinoplasty (nasal surgery) -cosmetic, functional, reconstructive, ethnic, and revision; Surgical Facial Rejuvenation (face lift, neck lift, eye lift, forehead surgery); Otoplasty (ear pinning); Facial Reconstruction, including repair of orbital/facial fractures and defects resulting from skin cancer surgery.Dr. Elder started this growing practice in 2013 and continues to strive to meet our community need. An attentive and caring staff complements Dr. Elder.
Education and Training
- Resiency in Otolaryngology/ Facial Plastic Surgery: Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston NJ
- Medical School: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia PA
- Undergraduate: University of Delaware, Newark DE
Awards and Recognition
- Coastal Style Magazine, Best of Edition; 2017
- Delaware Top Doctors, Delaware Today Monthly; 2016
- Patrick Murray Award, 1st Place in Otolaryngology. “Highest scoring Otolaryngology resident in the annual in-service proficiency examination” AOCOO-HNS; 2013
- Patrick Murray Award, 1st Place in Otolaryngology. “Highest scoring Otolaryngology resident in the annual in-service proficiency examination” AOCOO-HNS; 2012
- Resident Professional Paper Award in Otolaryngology, 2nd place. AOCOO-HNS; 2011
- Sigma XI Research Award- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2007
Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
- O’Neill JP, Elder J, Liu JC, Ganly I, Patel S, Bilsky M, Kraus D, Shah JP. Chondrosarcomas of the Head and Neck: A 50-Year Review. Journal of Neurological Surgery Part B 2012; 73-A035
- Gerhart J, Pfautz J, Neely C, Elder J, DuPrey K, Menko AS, Knudsen K, George-Weinstein M. Noggin Producing, MyoD- Positive Cells are Crucial for Eye Development. Developmental Biology. 2009 Dec 1; 336(1): 30-41. Epub 2009 Sep 22
- Gerhart J, Neely C, Elder J, Pfautz J, Perlman J, Narciso L, Linask KK, Knudsen K, George-Weinstein M. Cells that express MyoD mRNA in the epiblast are stably committed to the skeletal muscle lineage. Journal of Cell Biology. 2007 Aug 13; 178(4):649-60
- Gerhart J, Elder J, Neely C, Schure J, Kvist T, Knudsen K, George-Weinstein M. MyoD Positive Epiblast Cells are Critical Regulators of Skeletal Muscle Differentiation in the Embryo. Journal of Cell Biology. 2006 Oct 23; 175(2): 283-92 *Featured Article*
Professional Affiliations (current and past)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Osteopathic College of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
- Beebe Medical Center, Lewes DE.